Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Long time, no chat....

Well it again truly amazes how quickly time passes.  This year has been no exception...

I was inspired by someone who has started his own blog to get my but in gear and revisit my goals and what I want to accomplish.  Thanks Steve!  Not that I've forgotten, nor that I have ignored any goals.  This year has been full of adventure and I have no complaints!!!  I just seem to have forgotten to share...

Since my last post in May I have participated in the OXFAM 100km hike, attended a friends wedding in Barbados, explored the Grand Canyon and beyond, finished my Real Estate courses and am ready to get all of my registration in order, and well those are just the bigger happenings....everyday is an adventure in our household.  I have a great contract that allows me the freedom to participate in my life's adventures, and allows my girls to have opportunities that we never had as kids.  I think I was in my 20's before I ever got on a plane.  Daisy is 11 and Zoe is 8 and they have traveled many roads and as Zoe will tell you " she's been on a plane 6 times"  hahaha...is much cuter when she says it. Our dear friend just had a baby this past week and what a big reminder as to the challenges of newborns.  So many things......

This past summer I had the opportunity to join in the exec of our local Minor Baseball League.  How fun!!!  It's a reminder of how little kids care about politics of organizations and truly how much they really just want to have fun.  I will continue with this organization and very much look forward to the 2011 season.

Cam and I started a yoga class together on Tuesday nights and have recently signed up to continue through 2011.  What a great way to spend 90 minutes in the evening.  The meditation piece usually does me in...in a great way.  It's funny, because I get into my own little world, and it's not until everyone in the class starts packing up their things that I click back to reality.  The teacher at the beginning would say my name, but I noticed this week she just let me be.  I mentioned to her that the meditation at the end is my fav part.  She told me that rarely does anyone like the meditation and usually everyone prefers the poses...weird...

I've listed my house in Welland...finally.  Now we just need to get it sold.

Oh and crazy exciting!!!!!  I was recently matched as a potential Bone Marrow donor.  Have gone through the confirmatory typing stage, just a waiting game now.  I hope everything works out for the patient and I am able to donate.  I'll keep you updated.

The girls are loving life (I think) and Cam is keeping busy in the Real Estate world.  Jack (the dog) is a year old now, and doing well with his training (won 2 - 1st place show ribbons this year) but he is still very much a puppy, and Ginger (the cat) is at home recovering from a nasty fight.

As I mentioned all is well, life is busy and so much to talk about...I promise to keep up this time and surely Steve will continue to inspire.  Make sure before you leave you "follow" my blog and subscribe to the RSS feed at the left.

Talk Soon,
J :)

No comments:

Post a Comment