Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Adventures

Thursdays.  New scheduled event for the girls.  Curling.  I know nothing about curling, nor do the girls.  This should be interesting.  haha  I'm sure it will be fun, and hopefully I'm able to get into one of the leagues.  I have yet to hear back from anyone, however I figure when I take the girls tonight I may get some more info.  The curling club here in town is a pretty nice facility and look forward to getting the chance to give it a try.  The girls aren't really sure what to expect.  But I'll fill you in.

The girls have skating every Monday and Wednesday nights and they really seem to like it.  We have a great club here in town www.beavertonfigureskatingclub.com and the effort that goes into every night is amazing.  I really give a tonne of credit to the coaches and the executive committee for their efforts.  Volunteers like these are real gems!!!  After skating the girls were right off to music lessons with the "BEST" piano teacher in the whole wide world!!  Whom they absolutely love.  This is Daisy's first year, and I think it's gonna be real good for her.  She had to work to get her grades up last year so that she could sign up for piano this year...she obviously really wanted to give it a try cause she got her first A ever, in math of all subjects, certainly an improvement.  Anyway, my hope is that the music lessons will help her even more with her school...we'll see...

Last night I officially signed up for Close To My Heart.  Certainly not to make money, rather to feed my addiction to scrapbooking.  I have been very negligent of the hobby for the past few years.  Mostly due to the fact that most of my supplies were cooped up in my craft room at the house in Welland...we really don't have room for a dedicated room up north here, but the girls and I have multi purposed our spare room into a craft/guest/computer room.  So far it's working and the girls have loved the time we get to scrap together.  So, if you're into scrapbooking at all, feel free to contact me, or go on the link to your left to order anything online.

I had the pleasure of chatting with a a gal last night on the phone I recently met, and what a fantastic lady.  I love meeting new people and I always find it interesting that the people I tend to gravitate towards...there always seems to be some sort of "connection" that I never even knew until the conversation progresses.  Similar likes, interests, hobbies...it was just a really nice call and I felt like I could have chatted with her all night, however after about an hour I realized that she has young kids and I was likely keeping her from her "mom" jobs and all that jazz.  Regardless it was great and I look forward to getting to know her better.

Anyway, tonight I am committing to getting back to the gym.  I'm very lucky to have a gym here at work...so I've brought my "work-out gear" and my little planned "work-out" and hope to get back into the groove.  That with the new vegetarian diet, I hope to soon be a lean, mean....mom???  Whatever...it just always feel good to keep in shape.

Anyhow...off to the day!!

Chat Soon,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment