Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's a ponytail day...

You know how you get up in the morning sometimes, and well you really just don't want to get up!!!  I have those mornings often!  As hard as I try - i set my alarm for 6am everyday - I can rarely drag my ass out.  Funny thing is that once I'm up, I'm wide awake, ready to go.  I think maybe I need some real exciting motivation to get up as soon as my alarm goes off.  I have a great job, we have a puppy, I could read the newspaper before everyone else gets up...there are so many reasons...they just don't seem to be doing it for me.  I am completely open to suggestions so please, please leave some comments for me.  Something funny, fun, inspirational...whatever I NEED HELP with this!!!

This morning was definitely a pontytail day.  I was up at 6:30 the prior morning and well I didn't really give in until way after 11pm.  and when I mean give in, I mean that aside from sitting at my desk all day working, I never really sat and done nothing all day.  (this is pretty typical of most days) However yesterday really seemed to tire me out!!  I am always in awe of those that can jump on the couch after work and just chill or have a nap, or even those who can get into bed by 9pm.  I have some obsessive disorder that prevents me from doing that!  I really in my mind want to just chill and read a book or watch a little tv or have a nap, but I never do and I don't know why.  Come on I know some of you out there have taken physchology in school there must be an explanation for it.  Personality...or personality disorder...it's definitely something.  Let's figure it out!!

Anyhow I did have an exciting night last night though.  After work the girls and I hung out, had perogies and salad (zos favorite dish).  Listened to Zo practice for her piano recital.  Cam had the first puppy training class with Jack last night...apparently it went over really well.  The instructor did mention to everyone that Jack was a Chesepeke Bay Retriever and that was how they acted....I wasn't there, so I'm not quite sure how that comment was given, however Cam tells me that he was a little rambuncious.  Funny though he learned all of the commands easiest of all the breeds.  I look forward to attending the remaining classes.  I think that it will be good for Jack and for us!!!  You know I've always wondered how much the trainers spend on training the owner rather than the dog!!! hahaha. 

I wasn't able to attend the training, as I was attending another very big night at the Orillia Opera House http://www.orilliaoperahouse.ca/ for a new friend Amy Campbell and her band The Gnomes.  Check them out on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2374185963&ref=ts And check out the myspace page to get a taste of their music http://www.myspace.com/stopgnomeslaver   Well another friend of mine and I attended the show...sorry we attempted to attend, however when we got to the Opera House we learned that the show was SOLD OUT!!!  What luck for us, but how very exciting for THE GNOMES!!!  We were able to sit in the lounge though and watch on the big screen.  We weren't the only ones who were unable to get tickets so we had people to visit with!!!  I am so proud of Amy and her group for taking the plunge into a career with such a challenging future, yet with her talent the future is looking pretty damn good!!!  Make sure that you check out her sites and become a fan, and keep posted for upcoming events.  This gal is a STAR and we will be seeing a great deal more of her!!!  GO AMY and THE GNOMES.  We did mention that we would be her gnomes on stage if she could get us in, but the door man already had us in his sights, and was no way no how letting us through!!!!  hahaha

So back to the ponytail day...I got in a little late lastnight and well didn't crash till even later and needless to say I definitely did not get up early enough to do anything with my hair.  I was lucky to crawl into the shower and get the girls going and get into work by 8:30.  So ponytail it is, and well even though my ears were a little colder than usual today, the day seemed to go well.

Figure skating tonight with Days and then off to Guides.  Back home to try to fit in some Wii with Zo and attempt that couch moment with one of my new book from xmas.  Ok I forgot, I have to get some stuff ready for tomorrow night....but on the upside, I'm going to get to bed earlier tonight!!!!
Signing off...

J

No comments:

Post a Comment