Friday, January 8, 2010

Where does the time go???

It always amazes me that I can work on a project at work that seemingly goes by quickly, yet before I know it the day is gone.  I look at the girls often and say to myself where does the time go?  I can remember just like it was yesterday when they were little babies and nursing them in the rocking chair in the middle of the night.  They are 10 & 7 now.  Where does the time go?  I remember getting married and how vivid that day is in my memory, like it was yesterday....I'm divorced now, and wish I could completely forget that day happened!!!  haha  Where does the time go???  Often times I will have conversations with friends and we always say..."let's have lunch", or "let's go out to the show" or " lets grab a coffee sometime and catch up". the time goes so quickly that it is months later and that has never happened.  Where does the time go?

Is there truly no time in the day to just sit and watch people walk by while catching up with a friend and a coffee?  Or do we choose to do other insignificant things to avoid getting caught up in conversation that takes more time?  Is it hard to believe that our kids have grown up so fast?  Or is it because we have been so busy doing everything else that we forget to watch them grow up?  Time seems to be of the most important thing in everyone's lives.  Often when you ask people what they wish they had more of....sure money comes up, sometimes a material item they wish they had...however more often than anything you will hear people say "I wish I had more time in the day",  "If only there was more time", "If I had an extra hour", "Sorry but I just don't have time".  Has it always been this way?  I remember my grandparents never seemed to be in a rush to go anywhere.  They nonchalantly went through their day, as though everything that was going to happen would happen eventually.  If not today...then someday.

This is what I strive for, in a more modern time.  To come home, and hang out for a bit.  Make some dinner.  Take some time to find out what's happening with everyone.  Maybe make a phone call to someone I haven't talked to in awhile.  Pick up a book and do some reading, until I get drowsy and fall into a slumber.  Yes this I could handle. 

Ok...so now I know what I want.  It's just how to get to that point, while the kids are asking for this that and the other thing.  Homework needs to be done (and there seems to be a never ending supply of it), the laundry machine is always going, training a new puppy, cleaning the house (everyday seemingly).  How do you get there.  The housecleaning is my biggest crux.  I am able to chill out and relax when I know that things are picked up and in their place...yet nothing ever seems to be where it should be, and no one ever seems to care that things are never where they should be.  Except when someone is looking for something.  hahahaha  Where do you find the time to clean every single day?  I know the best answer...HIRE A HOUSEKEEPER!

Ok I need to find out the cost involved and start working toward that!  If I could rid my calendar of cleaning, I would have no reason to ask where does all my time go!  I would have plenty more time to just chill and watch Hannah Montana with the girls.  Or grab lunch and a coffee with my man on a Saturday afternoon.

Molly Maid here I come....

J

No comments:

Post a Comment